A bit nutty and a bit fruity, current walnut is a take on traditional raisin bran with a high nutrient profile and a lot more pizazz, naturally.
- Currants contain high amounts of iron, B vitamins anthocyanin’s, and polyphenols present in the skin membrane and smaller ratio of sugars.
- In Chinese Medicine walnuts are considered to have a warming thermal nature ( and bitter flavor) which moistens lungs and intestines. They are eaten to relieve coughing, wheezing, and general dry cold conditions in winter. Omega-3 oils reduce inflammation and pain, and nourish kidney “jing” which affects the adrenals and the central nervous system.
- Pumpkin seeds are related to cucumbers (Cucurbitaceous) and are a valued source of zinc and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Cinnamon has the highest anti-oxidant strength of all the food sources in nature.
- Honey provides anti-microbial and immune enhancing properties.